Category Archives: Auditions
Announcing Auditions for
Open Auditions for The Forest Theater Guilds production of Pirate Booty, a world premiere opening in June 2017 at the Forest Theater, will take place on Friday November 18th 6:30-9:30pm and Sunday November 20th from 10am-4pm at the Carmel Youth Center on the corner of 4th and Torres. All age and experience are welcome. Please be prepared to have fun…a brief monologue and song would be ideal but, not completely necessary. Tentative show dates: four weekends only in June, 2017.
Roles for adults & children
No previous theatrical experience required! All ages and skill levels encouraged!
Sign-up for an audition time-slot here, or show-up and we will fit you in.
Cast of Characters for Pirate Booty:
- Pirate Captain: An idiotic man with a brown beard in his 30s or 40s, a father figure
- Cabin Boy: A handsome young man in his teens
- Mermaid Princess: A beautiful young woman in her teens
- Mermaid Queen: A beautiful woman in her 30s or 40s, a mother figure
- Sharky: A seasoned pirate sailor man
- Finny: A flamboyant pirate sailor man
- Cockswain: A pirate sailor (man or woman)
- Whaley: A pirate sailor (man or woman)
- Matchy: A pirate sailor (man or woman)
- Patchy: A pirate sailor with eye patch
- Pegleg: A pirate sailor with a peg leg
- Bones: A pirate sailor skeleton
- Melody: A mermaid singer
- Treble: A mermaid or merman
- Timpani: A mermaid or merman
- Triangle: A mermaid or merman
- Trombone: A mermaid or merman
- Patchwork: A merfolk with an eye patch
- Peggy: A merfolk with a peg leg
- Skelly: A merfolk skeleton
- Parrot: A pirate kid leader
- Pirate Kids: A group of pirate children
- Mackerel: A merfolk kid leader
- Merfolk Kids: A group of merfolk children
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOREST THEATER REOPENS WITH FOREST THEATER GUILD PRODUCTION
A Forest Theater Guild Gala reception will herald the reopening of Carmel’s unique Forest Theater on June 25 followed by an opening performance of The Guild’s production of “The Borrowers-The Musical.” Based on the classical family novels by British author Mary Norton, the musical was written by Carmel’s Walt deFaria with music by Stephen Tosh and lyrics by deFaria. With previews on June 23 and 24, the production runs through July 17.
The Borrowers-The Musical tells the story of the little people who live under our floorboards and borrower all those things that go missing like socks , pins and needles. The books have been the subject of numerous international television and motion picture productions produced by deFaria, winning awards including Emmys.
The musical follows the Forest Theater Guild’s long history of presenting original material that traces back to Hebert Heron , the founder of the Guild. The production features a cast of 45 with Gracie Moore Poletti as Homily, Jared Hussey as Pod, and Gracie Ballistreri as Arrietty. Phyllis Davis and Mitchell Davis play the villainous Crampfurls and Arick Arzadon is Spiller. Choreography is by Gloria Elber and Reed Scott. Sets are by Nicole Bryant-Stevens with costumes by Yvonne Bowen. DeFaria directs.
For additional information call 831-626-1681 or the website ForestTheaterGuild.org.
Tickets are available online at http://www.foresttheaterguild.org/tickets-2 or at the door. General admission $20 with children, student and military discounts available.
Announcing AUDITIONS for THE BORROWERS-THE MUSICAL, an original musical written by Walt deFaria, based on the famous family novels by British author Mary Norton and featuring music by Stephen Tosh with lyrics by Walt deFaria, who will also direct this production for the Forest Theater Guild at the Outdoor Forest Theater for the 2016 season.
Auditions are by appointment only and will be held at the Carmel Youth Center at the corner of 4th & Torres near the Carmel Police Station, Saturday November 7 from 9:30 to Noon and from 1pm to 3pm, also on Sunday November 8 from 1pm to 4pm. Appointments may be made by calling Stacy Meheen at (831)760-0127 or email email@example.com.
Please prepare a brief monologue and song. Acting and singing roles range from 16 years to all adult ages. Show dates: four weekends only- June 23 to July 17, 2016. If you need additional information please call deFaria at 831 624-4345.